Schools, Colleges and Community Groups
Reach new heights with us and be part of something out of this world!
Join our Rocket Round Leicester Learning Programme and you can design, decorate, and launch your very own mini version of our incredible rocket sculptures – The Junior Jet!
This exclusive sculpture gives an exceptional, creative opportunity to engage pupils and community groups in important topics – from environmental issues and the natural world, to citizenship, and health and wellbeing, to name a few.
Each Junior Jet will stand proudly alongside the 40 artist-designed Giant Rockets for the 10-week trail across Leicester in summer 2021. At the end of the trail, your Junior Jet is yours to keep and display – a lasting legacy of your achievements and contribution to Rocket Round Leicester.
We have just 100 Junior Jets available, so make sure you don’t miss out!
YOUR JUNIOR JET PACKAGE IS FUELLED WITH A TANKFUL OF EXTRAS…
- A blank Junior Jet sculpture measuring 110cm tall x 45cm wide, made from fire-resistant fiberglass and finished with a white primer, ready for painting.
- A creative, cross-curricular, key-stage appropriate, learning programme which includes lesson plans and topics, teaching aids and resources to encourage creative thinking.
- Health and wellbeing learning opportunities, contributing to PHSE and Citizenship objectives.
- Templates for you to use to start bringing your design ideas to life.
- An invitation to attend our briefing event – to learn about Rocket Round Leicester, get some great fundraising ideas, and meet other schools, colleges and community groups involved in the Learning Programme.
- If you are a school? A dedicated project representative will support your fundraising and will be available for one school assembly at a mutually convenient time.
- Exhibition of your Junior Jet on the high profile art trail.
- Inclusion in the Rocket Round Leicester event trail map, website and associated mobile app which can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play.
- Training materials and staff workshops if required.
Don’t just take our word for it, see how other trails benefited schools like yours! watch:
Video credit: Russell Scott Primary School.
ARE YOU AND YOUR RISING STARS READY TO JOIN IN WITH THE BIGGEST PUBLIC ART EVENT THAT LEICESTER HAS EVER SEEN? DEADLINE IS 3RD FEBRUARY AND NUMBERS ARE LIMITED!
Download our Learning Programme pack to find out more.Learning Programme Pack PDF
Take off with us and sign-up to be part of Rocket Round Leicester below!Learning Programme Sign-Up Form
TAKE-OFF WITH US. WE ARE AIMING FOR THE STARS.
Learning Programme enquiries
If you have any questions or ideas related to the Learning Programme, please email email@example.com